1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for the best deals....?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by zenarrrow, Mar 6, 2005.

1. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Where are some sites to get good deals on dvd+r 4x preferable tdk verbatium or taiyo yuden. Also, is ritek good media? Any help would greatly be appreciated thanks ---zen--> Also I am burng at 4x using decrypter and shrink together is it safe to burn at 8x I was told to burn at 4x top !! Is this correct?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

No, it's not. 8x media burned at 8x has been tested and shown to give just as reliable results as 4x media burned at 4x. If you're in the US, both supermediastore and meritline have been having great sales on 4x Taiyo Yuden media for several weeks now. A 100 pack for $31.99 is the best I've seen. One person says its not as good as the premium TY brand, but since there hasn't been a bad burn reported yet, and since I've burned nearly 200 without fault, I'd say it's as good as it gets at that price.

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I disagree about the burning speed(matter of preference,and system specs,and media choice,)I do agree about those taiyo yudens, at meritline, and supermedia store.1 person says its lower grade, and it becomes fact.LOL
    Ive burned over a 100 of those ty's and I ordered 500 more,and they all burn flawlessly.

4. JLebowski

JLebowski Member

i ordered them from meritline for $32 shipped and they code out as TYGO1 which is listed as 1st class media. They are the best you can get for the money.

5. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Damn, All I can find is dvd-r's on those sites. I need +r's I have found 8x I am just too scared to burn at 8x

6. JLebowski

JLebowski Member

don't be scared of 8X. I have burned sevaeral disc at 8X and they play back perfectly. If the disc is rated 8X and the burner is also your are fine. just make sure your firmware is updated.

7. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

You know, I have a nec dvd+r 1100A burner, I have thought about a firmware update but they kinda seem scary to me. How can I find out if my burner will burn or support 8x?