1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for the best way to make interactive menus.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by eTara, Mar 7, 2004.

1. eTara

eTara Member

I'm looking for the best program and method to make interactive menus. I've tried several different programs to make menus, but most of them just makes a menu you can look at, but not one where I can use my remote to scroll through and select which episode I want to watch (of the ones I burn).

Any help?

FYI, Nero stinked with making menus. VCDEasy was muchos better, but it either doesn't allow me to create scrollable menus or I haven't figured out how to either.

2. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,
    What EXACTLY do you mean by scrollable menus?

I don't think I have ever seen a scrollable menu before, not even on Commercial DVDs....

Have Fun...

3. eTara

eTara Member

Not scrollable as in with a scrollbar on the side.
    As in.... how should I say... browsable? Umm, if there's 3 scenes, then you can press left or right on your remote control to choose which scene you wish you view.

4. drchips

drchips Active member

5. eTara

eTara Member

:) Thanks! I'll dl it and try it out.
    In case it doesn't, do you know any other programs that will let me work interactive menus?

6. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,

DVD Author will do what you want.
    It is easy to use also, a number of pre-defined templates, and a user-definable mode, all of which generate multi-level navigable menus as well as authoring the DVD and allowing editing etc.

Another alternative is DVD-Lab, lot more complicated.

As for anything else?
    unless you have LOTS of experience in Multimedia Authoring, the answer is no...

Byeeee...

7. eTara

eTara Member

Unfortunately, after 4-5 hours of trying TMPGEnc DVD Author, it doesn't work. It's for creating DVDs. I'm not looking to create a DVD nor have the means to, but I'm trying to create a VCD (if must, SVCD, but preferably VCD). The TMPGEnc was awesome in creating an interactive menu, I assent... But again, I'm trying to create a VCD.
    So again, I ask..

Can anyone recommend me a program to create an interactive menu for a VCD?

8. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

nero vision express 2.0 works fine.You can add pictures sound animations anything you want.it also burns the VCD.