1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for TY dvd+r inkjet hub printables.

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Mort81, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I'm looking for a place that sells Taiyo Yuden dvd+r inkjet hub printable media. I found several places that sell TY dvd+r inkjet printables but they are not hub printable. I also found several places that sell TY dvd-r inkjet hub printables but I want dvd+r since I booktype all my backups dvd-rom. I've checked supermediastore, meritline, rima, newegg and shop4tech. Thanks.

2. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

The only hub printable that TY makes is -R, I dont recall ever seeing them in +R, I had the same problem when I first started

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Bummer, looks like I'll have to go with verbatum at about twice as much per disc.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

bb....you the man. I looked there and couldn't find any +r hub printable TY's only -r. Have you tried any of those? I've never bought from Rima. Are they reputable? Genuine TY? Thankyou friend.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Mort,
    Yes I have ordered there, and have ordered that same exact disk.. They are a very good company to order from right behind supermediastore.com in most reviews. What I like about them is you can email and ask them for a sample first and they will send you some for free :) so if you wanna make sure about those disks just write them and they will gladly send you a couple to try out. I don't know anyone else that does that. They are also fast at delivery everytime I have ordered from them I had my package under 5 days every time.. :) (They are in California and I'm in Georgia)

P.S. They are the real deal TY's I even emailed TY to make sure.. I can even burn @ x16 with these bad puppy's :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Thanks again bb.

I'm going to write them right now and see if they will send me a coumple to try. I wanna make sure my litey 1633S likes em before I buy 100 ya know.

BTW, my setup useing a seperate round IDE ATA133 cable hooked from each of my dvdrw's to each of the IDE jacks on my mobo works like a champ. One of the benefits of having SATA hdd's.

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Not to mention the SATA HD's are super duper fast!! :)

I believe IDE will become extinct some time in the future.. Everything needs to convert to SATA I can't believe how much faster that interface is than IDE.. who knows though SCSI was faster to, but look what happened to that?

Oh when you write them just tell them you are a little skeptical about buying those disk's off line and that you plan on buying a whole bunch. You just want to be sure they are genuine TY's and would like a few samples.. They will write you back and ask for your address so they can send you a few samples :)

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Hey bb,

If you had your choice between TY dvd+r's and Verbatum DataLifePlus dvd+r's which would you choose? I found some Verbatum DLP's for about the same price as the TY's.

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

IMO I would have to go with the TY's.
    Now that being said I have had some Verbatim DLP disk that were TY's and MCC both very good, but I have also seen some made by CMC Magnetics. That wouldn't be good ;-( If you go for the Verbatim just make sure it says they were made in japan or Singapore and you should be OK...

:)

11. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Yea that CMC possibility kinda scares me. I thought as long as they were DataLifePlus you could rule out CMC.

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Nope thats not true. My Neihbor gave me a pack of some DLP to back up her kid's movies and they were CMC, but she hasen't had a problem with them yet and she has had them about 5 months now.. Go figure.. :) I just hear to many horror stories about the CMC's so I stay away from them. :)

13. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

bb,

I received an email from Rima telling me that unfortunately they didn't have an open bundle of the media I was wanting to sample but gave me a couple other choices of TY media they would send out instead. The one I chose was TY dvd+r inkjet printable (not hub printable). These should at least let me know if my litey's will like TY's.

14. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK thats cool, but just to let you know all the TY's I have received from them where TY's..