1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking To Buy A Xbox360, need some education

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jahwarrio, Sep 2, 2007.

1. jahwarrio

jahwarrio Guest

Hey guys,

I'm finally getting ready to jump onto the 360 bandwagon. I just wanted to check out the mod scene before making a purchase. I've been doing some reading, but still have the questions:
    1. Are currently purchased 360s mod/flashable (or is there a wii situation going on?)
    2. Is there any certain version/drive I should look for compared to another (ala xbox1)?
    3. Is a mod chip or firmware mod safer for playing originals or backups online?
    4. Any recommendations of core/premium/elite system (since I've heard you can use your own HD)?

Thanks for any help and advice, sorry for the newbie questions. I'm looking forward to joining the 360 community!

2. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

Most are. The hitachi v79 is a bit more tedious to flash. The ben-q drives are not flashable as of now but are being worked on.

I prefer the Toshiba/Samsung drives.

The new fw is safe for playing online as of now. Im not really sure about the modchips comfort factor.

Most people buy the premiums.

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Actually, the Benq drives are flashable now, but there's not a modded firmware for it yet.