1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking to buy

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by swarmpack, Apr 24, 2007.

1. swarmpack

swarmpack Regular member

i am looking to buy a xbox 360 and am only a couple of dollars away from the expensive version and a game.my question is i heard a lot of people on line complaining at launch about heat problems how much of a problem would a new one now have with heat and the red ring of death.

also i am getting it from gamestop due to store credit should i get the warenty.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  2. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

they should be just fine because there is a one year warrenty so you dont have to worry about that. if you are buying the elite then it shouldbe better with heat. the mother board was changed slightly for better performance.

3. swarmpack

swarmpack Regular member

cool i didnt know that it came with a one year warenty that deffinatley makes me less warey of it.also i am getting the pro version.

4. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

you should just go with the elite, only 50 dollars more, and it comes with 120gb hdd with hdmi cable, those 2 alone worth 280.00(MSRP of course)

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

It's not going to be any better about the heat issue. MS's answer to the gpu and cpu separating from the mobo... using glue to hold them down: http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/news/inside_the_xbox_360_elite.htm .

That's just pathetic. It's obvious they cleaned up the board somewhat... but why do it half-assed. They had to redesign it for the hdmi so why no do something to deal with the heat issue.

The 65nm processor is suppose to eliminate much of the heat issue but no one knows when they're going to start using them. So if you're looking to buy a 360 now, I'd suggest any extended warrenty you can get.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

Depends what he wants to do really. If you want to mod the 360 an Elite may not be such a good choice since not many people have them or mod them yet. If you do not have a high net HDTV with HDMI inputs it is also a waste of your money to get a system because it has HDMI.
    And until they are able to store and play games from it the 120GB hard drive is only useful for people who download a lot of content from Xbox Live, or store a lot of music on their 360.