1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking to ugrade my box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by wendyt, Jan 21, 2012.

1. wendyt

wendyt Member

hi i hope ive put this in right section

im looking to upgrade could anyone please recommend best cablebox to get i have the dreambox500 but im looking for a box that i dont have to do anything to..that still gives me all channels,preferably a box that self updates etc as we pay someone ev few months to keep our box up and running,thanks in advance,wendy

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

only one comes to mind is the kryptview 780,flash it once with pc and later any updates are done by remote and s/w update.the starview 7 you need to suscribe to view the channels
    as its a pay view box now.

3. wendyt

wendyt Member

hi ty for reply ill say to him to look up the kryptview .thanks very much for your help

4. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

Wendy you would be better to stay with satellite boxes than cable Kryptview and starveiw have problems with lost channels and glitching, they are alot of sat boxes out there that are Quite easy to set up

5. wendyt

wendyt Member

hi jimbo thanks
    is there any box you would recommend,preferably 1 that doesnt need a card,im no good with flashing boxes etc.thanks for your help

6. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

starview been quiet lately, hows the service? just been nosey as ive moved to sky from kv

7. piopat

piopat Active member

wendy satellite might be the better way to go ,atleast with satellite you have many many free to air channels and you can recieve them with any free to air satellite box (of course a satellite dish is required).

but if your wanting pay channels on the cheap you would need a box capable of card sharing ,the openbox s9 hd is a good budget box and it is hd and can be used for card sharing .

of course all boxes need flashing unless you can get the supplier to do it for you (some will and some wont ),the good thing with the openbox s9 is that you can download the firmware on to a usb memory stick then pop the memory stick into the usb slot on the boxand then flash the box relatively easy with the box remote control .

then when the box is flashed after setting up the box (clock and date settings etc ) and doing a scan for channels you would have all the free to air channels. but to open pay channels you need whats called a c line ,a c line gives you access to a server (your box must be connected to your broadband router for this),this is not free you have to buy a c line from someone with a server .

8. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

wendy where about in Glasgow are you im in east dunbartonshire
    you dont by any chance stay in that area.

9. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

i think she sort of knows this and can't be bothered taking it to the person to get her premium channels back on and paying him to do so ( obviously taking it the the server man )

10. wendyt

wendyt Member

hi piopat thaks very much 4 that info much appreciated

hi jimbo im in paisley

11. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

wendy you already have the box and its set up, all your doing is paying a guy to share his card with you, if you want free tv then kv but stay with sat as i moved from kv to sat as cable boxes are just not worth the hassle. just pay the guy for ya channels

12. wendyt

wendyt Member

thanks for that its my partner who had asked me to see if any other ones out there as he has wee bit of trouble now and then with jumpy channels but ill tell him to put up with it lol, thank you very much

13. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

check dish, check cables are nice and tight and try stay off torrent sites while ya watching tv, if all that fails try a different cline provider

14. wendyt

wendyt Member

thanks ill say to him i know he had a guy out 2 weeks ago fixing the dish so i think thats ok
    thanks for all help received