1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loose Ribbons

Discussion in 'PS2' started by JRoland, Dec 28, 2004.

1. JRoland

JRoland Member

I finally got my first PS2 yesterday. I bought it off of eBay for fairly cheap. It was listed as "As-Is" because it had a Disc Read Error. So, in an effort to teach myself how this little console works, I bought it.

Anyway, as soon as I received the console yesterday, I removed the screws which hold the top of the casing. Then, I opened it up. Finally, I removed the actual CD tray. Boy, that was dumb!!!!

Though I haven't gone any further, does anyone know how I can reconnect all of the loose ribbons? I know it's push/pull technology, but my chubby fingers can't get to those little spaces.

Thanks!

2. Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne Regular member

silly.

i did this too ;)

if you know nothing about doin this kind of stuff you have a choice.

either you are going to have to learn how to dissassemble and reassemble a ps2 perfectly

OR

list it on ebay again and buy one that works.

i took the first option, took me 4 weeks to sort it out, but now i build sell, and repair them!! I am an electrical engineer but.

seriously you will have to strip it down a bit to get them in and it can get a bit hairy if you dont know what your doin. your choice

ps you could sell me it if you want £20.

Gaz