1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loose umb door

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by hurerah, May 8, 2007.

1. hurerah

hurerah Member

hi all

i have had my psp for 4 and a half month its a 3.3oe-c and i have noticed that my umd door is loose when the door is closed i can move it up and down like 1/2 a centemeter does anyone know how to fix this and does anyone have the same problem and if i sent my psp to repair at sony will i still have my 3.3oe-c or they will upgrade it thank for ur reply

2. totenkoph

totenkoph Guest

dont worry bout it almost every psp has this problem sometime or another

3. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

did you drop it? or someone else dropped it when you weren't looking? can it still read umd? all i can say is, be very careful from now on. because it's a pain to fix.

btw it DOES NOT happen to all psp's

4. hurerah

hurerah Member

no its never been drop before because i dont give my psp to anyone

5. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

well, if it still works, just be careful from now on. dont open the door too wide. also, since you are within your warrenty period, there's the option of taking it back to sony. But there's always a chance that sony will upgrade it to like 3.40 or something. If you do decide to send it back to sony, downgrade to 1.5, then up to sony 2.71 or some other firmware, where you can easily downgrade again. Hopefully, sony won't bother upgrade it. (they shouldn't bother with it anyway, they are only fixing the door, not replacing a motherboard or something.)

6. totenkoph

totenkoph Guest

yes, ALMOST every psp has this problem, whether minor or severe, the springs are not properly fitted

7. hurerah

hurerah Member

i think i am going to downgrade to 1.5 then upgrade to 2.71 and then send it for repair