1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lord of The Rings Return of The king

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Buchanan, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Buchanan

Buchanan Member

Tried twice to burn this game now 1x read, and 1x write. I used DVD Decrypter and swap magic DVD 2.0 as my boot method. I can get the game to boot up, but the audio and video skips like crazy. I dont have this problem with the original. Is this an EA prtection method or just a bad original copy? Usually in my experiences with scratched disks(although this one just shows usual wear and tear) the copy's have turned out to fix skipping that occurred on the originals, when I read and write at low speeds, any advice?

2. Buchanan

Buchanan Member

actually this seems to be an issue with my Manhunt copy as well. It seems my damn ps2 is always "working" and making noise, it has to stop and load things all the time, anything I can do?

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

it's the game.... any dirt of prints on the disk cause it to skip and im not kidding.... try it on the original leave it on dust and put some fingers on it then put in the ps2 the game will skip like crasy... the copy is just like the original... the original MUST be clean and shine like brand new... THEN try to copy and the copy will be perfect...

as for manhunt thats not new... it's the toc of the game... same happens to VC and GTA3 all rockstar games that come in high toc with dummys will... SKIP... not load.. get DRE... AND probaly die in the end from being overused...
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]my love has left me... im all alone again... without you my love... i would just die :([/small]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2004
  4. account

account Guest

that tends to happen when you open programs while it is burning it causes small skips in the audio and video. you should try better dvd medai if what i said doesn't work but if you can just ignore the small skips the gameplay will be fine (i had this problem with a few of my games also)

check out my site http://jgames.50megs.com

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

using progs in the background dosent do this dude... my pc loads 300mb while burning and the proces window shows 40 application working in the backroung with a heavy load and my burning goes on like nothing at 2x... the only thing that this can cause is slower copy to hdd and nothing else..

6. account

account Guest

pfft well maybe your pc is better than mine (probly is) cause when i open programs when burning the buffer goes down and once it goes to 0 it will get back to 100 but i'll get a bad burn or the game skips and i have those high toc games and they don't skip at all and they have fingerprints on them and they still work fine.

7. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

you should check what progs use the cpu more... when a prog runs in the background it uses some amount of cpu when it gets it's cpu another prog will not use the same and take more... then one of them gets less then it needs.. like nero when burning something it uses from 80 to 70 cpu and uses over 130ram... now to get it overload and crash the dvd burn or cd burn all you need is load another prog that uses more then it should cpu like running dvd shrink while burning will cause one of them to die... to over come this problem all you need i more ram to load and keep all the buffers flowing.. to over come the overload problem all you need a pc with over 1000mhz... and i guess you already know that right?

8. Buchanan

Buchanan Member

If the disk TOC is causing my problems( bopth are over the sm 2.0) then wouldnt they not boot up at all? why would it be effected once in-game? I find your reasoning a little far-fetched. However if this is the case, is there a way to fix it?

9. account

account Guest

i have both lotr 3 and manhunt i used the swap magic discs and they both worked fine for me and didn't skip at all so either you can try what i said or what cyprien said

10. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

no no you missed my piont... NOT toc to boot it up... the TOC of the game itself... see they made the toc like this on purpse... while the original with it's toc works fine... the copy skips... the only thing that can help is to read the toc right and burn it on a branded dvd-r.. such as ritek.. TDK... pioneer.. DO NOT use princo or memorex.. if the backup STILL skip use the original... reading speed on 1x will not help belive me... try reading the dvd with the burner AND using alcohol 120%... from what iv seen my backup dont skip i used 120 to make a copy...