1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Lord Of The Rings The Battle For Middle Earth II' - BACKUP GLITCHES - Can anyone Help?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by atomick, Apr 13, 2007.

1. atomick

atomick Regular member

Firstly I have backed up several games now and all have worked 100% with no glitches.
    I use the same backup method each time, which is:
    1) Stick the 360 game in the 'Samsung SH-D162C DVD-Rom drive' (that is flashed with the latest Kreon firmware)
    2) Open Xbox Backup Creator V2.4 - on XBC go to the drive tools tab and click the unlock drive button
    3) Then I go to the read section (make sure complete back up is checked) and click start and choose a place to save it. Then press start!
    4) Now the game is backed up on my PC. I use CloneCD to burn the .DVD file at 2.4x speed and it’s DONE!

The problem is I have backed up ‘Lord Of The Rings: The Battle For Middle Earth II’, no faults or problems were reported or occurred during the backup process. However when I put the game in the 360 the movies skip/ jolt and can’t keep up with the sound (so you end up missing sections of video footage).
    I did another backup from fresh (this time at the slowest 1x speed) just in case it was a dodgy backup or blank disc but the same occurred.
    I tested the original disc and the movies played fine. So I have no idea why this is the only game that is having problems with the video rate. Even playing the game it seems to suddenly freeze and jump when you move the map fast around the screen.

Has anyone had this problem with ‘Lord of the rings’ or any other game? Can anyone out there help?

Thanks

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Burn at 4x with Verbatim DVD+R DL discs. Trust me on the 4x.

3. atomick

atomick Regular member

My discs are ‘RiDisc DVD+R DL’ 2.4x speed.

I thought the slower speed you burn the more reliable the copy can be. Why would burning it at 4 speed improve the quality (Not make the movies/ game footage skip?)

(I’m not arguing with you, I really appreciate the help but I don’t understand how the 4x speed can help?)