1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lord of war prob

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by greylost, Jan 16, 2007.

1. greylost

greylost Guest

i have found many guides how to shrink this movie...i have used dvdfab decrypter and then fixVTS..it worked fine...i started with Shrink DVD and in the middle of operation it said: DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue...not enough memory...what is that??? i have memory more that 7 GBs free...have anyone of you encountered this error...i have not the original dvd..my friend took it...Thanks for any advise...

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

dvd shrink has not been updated in a while, so you need to use another program that bypass the anticopy that is on the disk, anydvd , or dvd region + css free. will be able to handel this movie with ease

3. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

greylost

Make sure you're using the current version of DVDFab decrypter 3.0.5.5, get it here http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

This error tends to be caused by copy protection shrink is unable to handle, but can also be an indication of low hard drive space for storing the video files (not enough space on target drive).

First, make sure you indeed have enough hard drive space available. You state that you have approx 7GB, you should have more, at least twice that much. Try and remove any unnecessary files or stored DVD video files you don't need, you might want to think about getting a larger hard drive. When you've gained as much space as possible, defrag the drive.

Since you don't have the original DVD, but have the files stored on your hard drive, there aren't too many choices/options as to how to proceed. Try processing the files thru vobblanker then opening the newly created files using shrink and see if that helps.

Vobblanker
    http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/VobBlanker/VobBlanker_2120_exe.zip

Process the video files created by DVDFab thru vobblanker. First create a folder on your desktop and name it [bold]lord of war[/bold], in that folder create another folder and name it [bold]VIDEO_TS[/bold], you'll use this folder for the output selection in vobblanker.

Run vobblanker and:
    [​IMG]

- for 'input video manager' selection, browse to where the [bold]VIDEO_TS.IFO[/bold] file is located created by DVDFab decrypter and choose it.

- for 'output folder' selection, browse to the VIDEO_TS folder you created in the lord of war folder on your desktop, [bold]choose the VIDEO_TS folder.[/bold]

- now just click on the PROCESS!! button and wait for it to finish.

When it's done, you should have a new set of video files located in the VIDEO_TS folder that's within the lord of war folder on your desktop. Close vobblanker and run shrink, open those new files using the open files tab at the top of shrink's window (to do so: browse to the VIDEO_TS folder and choose it), shrink should import the files and allow you to process them as you normally would. You can have shrink autoburn to disk using nero or DVD decrypter.

It's important to have enough hard drive space in order to try this.

4. greylost

greylost Guest

ok i tried that..it went ok till i reached 97% in VobBlanker...it said audio out og range and then some strange numbers...when it finished it seems to be ok...so i shrinked it...but in the middle of the operation it said again: Out of memory...

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I got the error with software I've used and it came down to the copyprotection on the DVD. I ended up using RipIt4Me and it got the job done. It's free, so even if it doesn't cure the problem, you've only wasted a short amount of time. Run over the short guide and then do the install. http://www.dvdripit4me.org/guide.html