1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lose a Friend or take the Girl...

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Domreis, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

So about a 2 weeks ago a friend of mine broke up with his girlfriend because of me... I rely didn't try to split them up it just sorta happened. Yeah I may have hited on her a few time but what guy wouldn't??? They were good friends before they hooked up and they are still 'friends'. She is the one who dumped him and he is still trying to get over it... She doesn't have any feelings from him one bit...

So this weekend things between us went to the next level while we were watching a movie and she ended up lying her head in my lap. (Hell... I don't even remember what movie it was!>.<) So anyway about halfway through the movie her ex wondered into the house (because they are still friends) and saw 'us' and stopped in his tracks then left the house as soon as possible. Today at school he didn't say one thing to either of us.

My question to you is what should I do? Should I make my move, or hang low till things settle down back to normal. I mean I want this girl... but I don't want to lose a long time friend over this, as girls seem to come and go over the years. Will he eventually get over it and forgive me?

Thanks
    Domreis

P.S.
    I know what you are going to say rihgt682!!!!

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

There is an old saying about this:

Try talking to your friend about it. If he doesn't understand, so be it. Believe me, these things always work themselves out as human nature and friendships seek their own course. Hurt feelings fade with time and the life-long friendship either gets stronger or, like many friendships, it fades into the distance as new friends emerge.

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

it depends on how good of a friend he is, is he like your best friend? if he is a good friend you should not let a little thing like a girl come between your friendship, there are plenty of fish in the sea, and if she dumped him to get with you, she will more thain likley dump you to, so keep your friend

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I say if this girl and you are serious about the relationship then you should sit down and have a talk with your friend. Say to him what you said to us explain how you have feelings for her, tell him how your friendship is important to you. Friendships are important so try to save the one you and your friend have created, but if he doesn't want to try and save the friendship then I say leave him alone for awhile. Don't ignore him, still be friendly with him, but give him some time/space to chill out.

5. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Normally, I'd say keep the friend. But I was dumped a few weeks back and I really like the chick, were still friends so I'm hoping if I stick around long enough... anyway, take the chick man, unless the friend is bigger and/or stronger than you, in which case, leave the chick :D

But in all seriousness, I think the friend will forgive you, as I have been in that situation (yes, I have the worst luck when it comes to women) Just keep it up, ask the girl out, date her, if you don't like her leave her, your friend should by all means forgive you.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

as said, it depends on how good of a friend he is. "bros before hoes," as the line goes. if he's a really good friend..well...there's plenty of fish in the sea, but how many people would take a bullet for you? if he's not that important, then at least censor yourselves a little bit around him and do him the courtesy of moving slow. he can either deal with it or leave.

she seems to be a fast mover, though. be sure to wrap it first and every time.

7. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Ask yourself what he would do if the tables were turned.. then do what you've got to do

8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

This has to be the oldest dilemma since eve kicked adam to the curb and listened to the snake.

9. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Bro's before ho's I guess :p
    But again, what would he do?

10. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

He isn't the best friend in the world but he is a friend...

I actually found out the reason why they split up... is because he cheated on her... she saw him makin out with another girl... That explains the whole thing...

She also she a nice 56inch plasma and every time he went over all he would do is play Gears of War or something along the lines of that.

I think I am gonna go for it... if he is a true friend he will come around!

Thanks for the help
    Domreis

11. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Just make sure your freind doesn't get pissed off and start making out with you :p

12. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I just got this picture in my email....

[​IMG]

:D
    HeHe...

13. tucker001

tucker001 Regular member

take the gurl

14. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

If you dont know the guy for some time take the girl,plus hes gay so why would he care???:/

15. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

No... in my post I meant to post "another girl" I better fix that! :D

16. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

With a face like that how could you resist, and since he cheated on her I wouldn't feel unsure about teh whole dating issue, he screwed up. he screwed up big, take the gurl Domreis :)

17. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Domreis, if that really is a picture of her then go for it. She is cute and if you don't see this being some "fling" or just a temporary attraction to one another then thats even more of a reason to go for it.

Sorry, I didn't read the posts all that well but how long have you known this girl?

18. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

She aint that great looking and she doesn't know how to use the camera flash properly. But she sure as hell aint ugly, take the girl.

19. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Well, one chick someone things is "Gorgeous" is "Ugly" (or at least maybe not attractive) to another.

She might have just taken a random picture of herself, its hard to get a good snapshot of your own face when your the one holding the camera! :p

She is good looking mate, get a better picture of her and we will decide from there ;-) Just Kidding!!

Good to hear Nick is doing well. I am real glad to read that he is gonna get out of the hospital around early/mid-July (or at least thats what I got out of the update on the website).

20. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member