1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lose my entire internet connection while running emule

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by lowlyfe, Apr 5, 2005.

1. lowlyfe

lowlyfe Member

I've been using eMule for quite some time but recently whenever I try to run emule while running either Azureus or a program that I use for UseNet (Newsleecher to be more specific) I lose all connectivity to the internet and have to restart my computer to get it back. It seems like everything works fine while I'm at my computer but as soon as I'm idle it seems like i lose my connection. Just curious as to if anyone else has had this problem. It's really driving me nuts.

Here are some specs:

Computer:
    Athlon 64 3400
    1.25GB RAM
    Western Digital 200GB HDD (not with the 8MB buffer)

Network:
    D-Link DI-604 Router
    Cable internet 3MB Down 256Kb up

I was thinking that perhaps either I need to buy a new router, or my cable company is getting pissed at me for uploading so much and resetting my connection on me. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I just though I should add that in eMule I do have a High ID and in Azuerus I am "Clever" so I don't think those are really the issue. I finally figured out the ports that I should've forward about two months ago.

I just disconnected my router and ran right into the modem. Everything works just fine so I think my router is the issue. I really need the router though as I have several computers.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

It seems like a router problem. Have you tried resetting your router and are you connecting through DynamicDNS?

3. Vinnys025

Vinnys025 Guest

I was having this exact problem with Azereus, then I downloaded the latest Java 5.0 and now it runs perfect with no problems.

4. lowlyfe

lowlyfe Member

I got a suggestion from one of my friends who is a network admin, he gave me some suggestions on what to do with my network. I'll try them out and let people know what the results are. Thanks.

5. snoopyal

snoopyal Member

D-Link is just crappy router, it can't handle all the UDP traffic created by KAD in eMule. Just disconnect from KAD and use only ed2k servers and you should be fine.

6. zelv

zelv Member

Did you install SP2? It limits the conections to 10. With eMule that is easily achieved. There's a trick to open 50. Search for "xpsp2tcpipfix.exe".

7. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

your problem sounds like your maxing your connections limit out on your router try this to fix it

emule
    preferences
    hard limit connections try as low as 225 starting of if it works you can push it higher I would stick to 250-300
    max connections start at 275 dont push it further than 300-350

when you install emule if I recall its set in the thoudands

hope it helps as I think your tripping your router out trying to connect to to many at 1 time

let us know how you get on:)