1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lose the Xcopy warning and maximise quality

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by HeeHawBoz, Aug 12, 2003.

1. HeeHawBoz

HeeHawBoz Member

A few of the threads I have read on here lately have been about how to get the best possible quality for a back-up and about whether or not it is possible to get rid of the "This is a Back-up" warning on DVDXCopy discs. I have made up a guide showing how I get the best quality from my back-ups. I hope it can help at least one or two people out. This process may take a bit longer than the one-click solution, but in my opinion it's well worth it.

http://members.aol.com/heehawbaws/

Last edited: Aug 13, 2003
  2. HeeHawBoz

HeeHawBoz Member

I don't know what the advertisement is all about when you click on the link above, but it does seem to re-direct you to the right file after a couple of seconds.
    Does anyone know if the ad was added by this site? Or is it some sort of spambot thing?

Anyway, to anyone trying the above method, it might be possible to keep a set of empty sets, or "modules", on your hard drive and just use the same ones each time as replacements. That way you only need to do the DVDXCopy stage for your first film and never again. That might save a bit of time if it works.

You would need a DVD with masses of extras so that you have a good collection of empty VTS sets, i.e VTS_03..., VTS_04..., VTS_05..., etc.

Then, after the Shrink stage, you could just replace the sets.

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

LOL

DVDXCopy is so0O crap

(You can do a back of a back up with any burning software)

4. jonnydoe.

jonnydoe. Member

Use DVD Shrink :)

5. HeeHawBoz

HeeHawBoz Member

This guide is all about backing up encrypted originals.

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Instead of makeing it a word document, can you make it an on line viewable one?

7. HeeHawBoz

HeeHawBoz Member

8. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Thats nice now HeeHawBoz

DO you really notice any difference in this combination over just using DVD shrink or DVD Decrypter/DVD2One?? Apart from the length of time of course :)

10. HeeHawBoz

HeeHawBoz Member

Oriphus,

I only go through all that when the extras are adding Gbs to the disc, so yes I really do see a difference. Sometimes it means no, or practically no, compression on the film while still keeping menus and one or two extras of my choice.

Next time I do this I am going to try what I said in my 2nd post about keeping the empty VTS sets from one disc and using them in each subsequent film I do. That would cut out the XCopy step.

Anyway, I just wanted to put forward the idea of replacing the title sets for XCopy users. There are loads of people on here who use XCopy all the time because they don't want any compression at all and then ask how to get rid of the back-up warning.

Although, I have to say, how anyone can claim to want to enjoy their movies unspoilt by compression and then happily get up and change discs halfway through is something I can't understand.

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Cutting out the Xcopy step would be a priority of mine also :)