1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loss of links after power break

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Nili, Nov 29, 2002.

1. Nili

Nili Guest

I am using kazaa lite, there was a power break in my computer and the partly downloaded movies have gone and the links have gone either. What should I do to restore them or to prevent it in the future?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2002
  2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well, you can't restore or prevent it unfortunately. That is one of the main problems with kazaa, if you turn off the computer during a download it seems to disappear.

3. Easycola

Easycola Regular member

To prevent in the future, get UPS. Furthermore, to my understanding this phenomena ain't kazaa specific, but more likely generall pc behavior. It is kinda hard to write to hd, when hd write head don't get power to move on (= power failure). That's why you get cross-linked files etc. on File Allocation Tabble when power failure (even missing data)/ hardware failure prevent os to shut down in proper manner.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Its a helluva lot worse when you are installing something and it gets to the point where its copying files and writing to the registry then for no apparent reason the computer turns off and something goes worng AND NO MATTER HOW DAMN HARD YOU TRY YOPU HAVE RE-INSTALL WINDOWS TO USE IT AGAIN AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

woops sorry bout that but you'd be the same if you went through that almost every week for months non stop!