1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loss of transfer speed

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by JulieJugs, Apr 23, 2003.

1. JulieJugs

JulieJugs Member

Hi,
    I have managed to FTP my computer to my xbox but when I try copying the D: to my pc HD I end up lossing the transfer half way through. The game I am trying to backup is Metal Gear solid and when backing it up it transfers files up cd1_7 but half way through transfer the file cd1_8 the transfer rate slowly drops off and eventually stops altogether. After 5 mins I get a connection timed out. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how do I fix it? Thanks

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

What program are u using to transfer the files? I also have a feeling the Metal Gear solid is a pretty large file of about 6 gig.

3. JulieJugs

JulieJugs Member

I am using Flash FXP. I think it is quite a big file. Does that mean I will need to put it onto 2 dvd's if I finally manage to transfer it??

Last edited: Apr 23, 2003
  4. JulieJugs

JulieJugs Member

I tried posting this on disqworld and the blighters banned me and deleted my post...huh...WTF is that all about???
    Can't you talk about that on there or do they just not like me?
    Anyway, does anybody have any ideas, I've got to go catch a bus soon but I'll check it when I get back from the shops, I need to go get some dog food, the wee buggers starving.

5. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

You cannot backup MGS2. It just won't fit on a DVD-R, without removing and down sampling some of the contents.

6. JulieJugs

JulieJugs Member

Thanks Ketola, this was my first attempt at making a back up. Guess I should have started with something easier.