1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost 14 GB of music NEED HELP!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by edoggouty, Aug 15, 2004.

1. edoggouty

edoggouty Member

I was un-installing a program called Sambar Server 6.1.
    When it was done it had deleted all 14 GB of music I had. Is there anyway of recovery. Any help would be much appreciated.

Running Windows 2000 SP2

Thanks in Advance

Last edited: Aug 15, 2004
  2. john179

john179 Active member

Do you have ant Nortons software on your system which includes nortons ghost.The only way you can get it back is if you have a back up of your drive in some shape or form.Also if you have a recovery software like ghost which should be able to pull it back.If not you may have to take it to someone who can do this without these progrmaes which will cost a few bob.These are the only way's i know but someone else may know more than me with some better advise.So don't give up the ghost yet.
    John179

3. DMW

DMW Regular member

Hi there. try a piece of software call Ontrack Easy recovery. In the past you could download a trial which would scan your drive and tell you which files it can recover...then you have to pay :)

I have used this software at work and at home with great results. There are free alternatives around but I dont know how good they are.

Hope it helps.

4. edoggouty

edoggouty Member

Yea somone helped me out and I got this program called Get Data Back and it recovered them. It did cost me $70.00 but my dad paid for it.

Thanks for all the help.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2004