1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lost chanels on starview - any advice please

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Tedbay, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Tedbay

Tedbay Member

Hi,

newbie member, got a original starview thats been working fine. Yesterday just lost about 10 premium channels, just say scrambled channel or no signal.

have rescanned and it finds the channels, signal strength fine, just doesn't show the picture.

based in northwest. telewest

any advice please

kind regards

tedbay

2. karljd

karljd Regular member

Try this courtesy of fergusb
    if you have Missing channels you can try this.

I have seen a few posts about channels missing when doing a full scan.
    Here's a little trick you can try that may help if you're having problems
    finding any particular channels or are missing channels:
    Try and determine the lowest transponder frequency that you can get a signal on.
    Look at the frequencies you already have on the channels saved so far and choose the lowest.
    Then in the installation menu select MANUAL SCAN and set that as the frequency.
    Make sure you can see a signal and scroll down to Network scan and change to ENABLE with the Right arrow.
    While still highlighted, click OK.
    Scanning should then begin. It will say 1/1 to start with but should then jump up to 1/?? (the ?? being 2 digits).
    Using this method my Starview indicated it scanned 56/56 transponder frequencies as opposed to 48 in Auto scan on one main provider.
    I also gained a few extra channels.
    The other transponders may have been picked up by scanning other providers.

3. dandan431

dandan431 Member

Hi Tedbay

have you got it working? I have exactly the same problem (manchester/telewest) with sky sports 1/2/3 scrambled (but not setanta) and some sky movie channels scrambled (but not all).

4. Tedbay

Tedbay Member

Hi,

Tried lots of things to get it working, none off them worked. So I did a factory reset on the box and re scanned the channels making sure emu was on and upto date codes. worked great, found loads of channels i didn't already had and also sorted the problem of the missing channels, there back on and working fine. hope this helps

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

A factory reset and rescan will always find new or missing TPs, but you will need to resort your channel list again.