1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Channels after Updating Channel List, Help!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by stormy69, Apr 5, 2007.

1. stormy69

stormy69 Member

Hi,
    I wanted to update my channel listings. I went and did this by doing update channel listings, to the effect that i lost all my channels, even the bouquets have gone. Tried to do a completely new scan, but it only found 3 transponders and no channels at all.
    I then decided to connect my dbox2 to my laptop and loaded bouquet and service files onto my dbox2, rebooted it, now i got all the channel names and bouquets but still no picture. Its not showing the EPG either.
    I dont understand why this is.
    One other thing, when scanning for channels what should be the settings for "manual scan" and should it be horizontal or vertical? Whats the whole 1/2 for??? Thanx

2. markuk71

markuk71 Member

same has happened to me i cant get any channels at all.
    i believe that something has been damaged in the tuner.
    i am getting a good signal its scanning all 303 transponders but doesnt find any channels at all. ive tried every verysion of sportster and commando.

3. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

You should not be doing a manual scan so the settings have no bearings.

Always best to do a full image backup & backup the services, cables & bouquet files too before messing about with scans. Seems many people are messing around with scanning and screwing up a box which could well have been working perfectly fine before that.

Are you sure you put the bouquet and service files in the right place?
    I have had images with them in 2 places.

4. markuk71

markuk71 Member

bouquet and service files wont make any difference as it overwrites the service files every time you do as scan.
    the box should find channels even if you dont have and of these files on it. as long as it knows what transponders to scan.
    i bet if you delete these 2 files from yours it will still find channels after a full scan.

5. stormy69

stormy69 Member

Problem solved!

After flashing new sportster image and what not, turned out I had to select a different "cable provider" in the service scan menue. When I first scanned I used the "6887" option, which worked fine, however now I had to use the "6952" option. No idea why it changed but solved my problem.
    Hope this is of help to someone, Thanx guys.