1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lost credit file in Emule

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ABMone, Oct 17, 2003.

1. ABMone

ABMone Guest

it told me lost credit file and the said it will make a new one

it has said this the last two times i started Emule, Does this mean i have no place in the ques and have no credit?

2. fassa

fassa Guest

Well, it happened to me once as well, but emule seemed to download just as quickly a few hours into the download!

As far as I know the credit rating thing that each user has, it more complex than just being stored on your own PC.

3. ABMone

ABMone Guest

i was reading on an Emule forum, and one of the main guys said something like credit didn't really help much and wasn't really an advantage or disadvantage of high or low cred

any truth? ideas?

4. fassa

fassa Guest

Well I think that there is two ways of looking at it.

One is that the more you upload the more credit you get and the more credit you have the quicker you will jump in the queue with a particular file to download.

The other way of looking at it is just being patient. When you start to download a file you will eventually be get in front of the queue and gain more sources for download. Therefore speeding up your download.

I wonder why in emule settings they have a setting where you can turn off the "reward users for uploading". That in itself indicates that the whole credit thing is not compulsory for good download speeds. But in essence it is all about how long you leave your pc on to download because of the whole queue thing!