1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost During Installing Mod Chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by mgamer, Nov 16, 2004.

1. mgamer

mgamer Member

i just installed the mod chip. so glad it worked. i been reading all day trying to figure this whole thing out. when i turned it on it comes up to a blue screen. (flashbios 2.6.0) my hard drive is about dead works some times others it done. i have a cd that i put x2_4983.06_256k on it. it showed it installing then it restarted. then the hard drive wont work again. i poped a 120gb hard drive in and when i start it it comes up to the flashbios 2.6.0 saying it cant read the partition. i have a slayers evox disk. i just dont know what to do next? with the chip on and if i get the hard drive to work it just comes up to the flash bios. i dont know what to do now.

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

hi
    Double check your ide cable, if its doing the same on 2 hard drives that would be the logical step I would think.
    Also, I know it sounds silly, but have you checked that the hard drive jumpers are on "cable select"
    You will only get the flashbios screen until you flash your chip.

3. mgamer

mgamer Member

i figured it out i wasnt setting up the bios right on the comp before i burnt it