1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost menu item in VirtualDubMod

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by sixsid, Jan 14, 2007.

1. sixsid

sixsid Member

I was following the guide for ripping DVD to Xvid with AC3 sound and I hit a problem when using Virtualdubmod. When I first started it all the menu items were present ( file edit audio video streams options etc) I selected audio and followed the instructions when I clicked ok I no longer had the Audio menu option. I have ran it again and downloaded the program a number of times from different sources but I cant get the audio menu option back. As this is the most important part in introducing the AC3 sound to the AVI I am a little stuck. Can anyone suggest any other guides or software for creating xvid with ac3 5.1 sound or suggest a way in which I can get virtualdubmod to work again

Any help would be very much appreciated

Sid

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

In VirtualDubMod the Audio menu does not exist.
    The needed menu is Stream.
    You load the AVI and, after calling the Stream menu, with Add you add an audio stream (OK to confirm).

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  3. sixsid

sixsid Member

Thank you aldaco12 but I am trying to follow the "Copy your DVD to Xvid with AC3 surround sound guide. Below is the passage from the guide where I am getting lost. I have installed VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.2 All inclusive.

Multiplexing the AC3 with the video

Your video is finished, good morning :) Now, we need to open the specially modified version of VirtualDub called VirtualDubMod which allows us to multiplex the AC3 audio into the XviD-encoded video. You can close the original VirtualDub by now.

First, go to File menu and select Open video file.. and find the second pass AVI you just finished and click Open.

Okay, next step is to go to the Audio menu and first select Direct stream processing. After that, select AC3 Audio, again from the Audio menu.

This opens a file dialog. Use this to locate the AC3 file you created with DVD2AVI and click Open.

Is it because I am using the wrong version of VirtualDubMod

Thanks

Sid

4. sixsid

sixsid Member

Sorry disregard that last post I have read your reply again and realised what you meant.

Thankyou for your help

Sid

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Yes. And remember: the default audio mode is already set at direct stream copy. When you include a new audio stream in an existing video, you must set video at direct stream copy.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007