1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost my AR2 v2 disc, what should I replace it with?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rondun, Mar 22, 2005.

1. rondun

rondun Member

Hi -

New here. I have a PS2 modded with a neo2.2 chip. I've been using it ok to run cd backups, with AR2v2. but now i've lost the disc, and was going to get another one. I want to use DVD-R backups as well, but have never tried that yet.

So whats the best option - should I try and source a replavement AR2v2 disc, get a new max / evo, or get swap magic (will this work with the neo2.2)?
    I don't want to use the slide card method
    TIA

Ron

2. steimy

steimy Active member

swap magic will not replace the slide card method at all, it is a good system but you will still need to use it unless you chip can play back ups without a boot disc, which i am guessing it can't if you are asking that question. Also swap magic is not a cheat code disc like AR Max so if you use it for cheats i would just get a new EVO.
    Also look around the net and see if they have a
    fix (flash) for that chip that will allow you to not need a boot disc at all.

My slim PS2 has a DMS4 Pro chip and i don't need to use any boot discs because they flashed it with the ToxicOS. Now all my back ups i just put in and they load up like originals.

3. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

those neo's are a piece of shit, i mean how many games come out on cd these days?

get yourself a proper chip or use sm &slide trick, its probably a lot less damaging to the ps2 than that neo u already got in there :p

4. rondun

rondun Member

POS it might be, but it boots up DVD-R's no probs with my new swap magic without using the slide tool! - i'm sure i would do more damage with that than the chip can do

5. aslamraja

aslamraja Member

hey can you please advise dvd-r boot method using neo and swap magic please.

6. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

i wouldl guess just press eject and insert backup on sm screen then press x

7. rondun

rondun Member

Hold power button as you boot up with swap magic disk. Release power button, tray opens, swap disks (quickly) tray closes automatically. press x to start game
    job done