1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost my burn drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hawk4113, Mar 23, 2005.

1. hawk4113

hawk4113 Member

Tried my first burn of Little Nicky last night with a LT 8520(?) dvd+/-RW. I used DVD shrink by itself, and my computer locked at about 33% done on the actual burn. I couldn't manually shut off my computer, had to unplug it. Now I was going to follow Scuba Pete's guide also using DVD Encrypter with shrink. Well now my computer shows my drive as enabled, but it will not recognize any discs in the drive. I tried a full system restore, since it is a relatively new computer, 3 weeks old, I didn't have anything I couldn't reload. Anyway my computer still can't recognize a disc in my DVD drive. I'm not sure on the exact model of drive as I'm at work, but I would appreciate any direction someone might lead me. Forgive me, but I'm an novice to the extreme.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Will the drive not recognize any type of media inserted in it or is it just your blank media?

3. hawk4113

hawk4113 Member

It will not recognize any media. Like in DVD Shrink, it shows E:/No Disc. I don't know if this matters, but usually the light to the drive starts to flicker when I insert a CD/DVD, now it just pops on for a second when the door closes. My other CD-ROM drive still works fine.