1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost original firmware file, HELP NEEDED !!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by anmolk, Jan 31, 2007.

1. anmolk

anmolk Member

Okay to start of things, let me tell you guys that I'm a noob when it comes to flashing drives but I did manage to flash my HITACHI LG 047DH using Birdy's Auto Flasher 2.2 with mediacheck 2 and shit but unfortunately I had to restart my system twice for getting it to work due to a previously failed attempt and somehow I managed to overwrite the original backed up firmware with the hacked firmware during my second attempt, a NOOBY mistake, I know. But much to my surprise and delight, it worked and I was finally able to play GOW. I'm using the LG GSA H10N burner by the way and Mitsubishi media.

Now some of you might say that Mitsubishi media doesn't work well but trust me, I was able to burn and play 24 360 games on 24 discs with no coasters. But after a few months, I got the 3 RED Ls thing but I got rid of it using the HOT AIR GUN fix. Then after a few days, my burnt games stopped working but originals still used to run. A day later, I had to leave for work early so I could not close the case of the drive as I was busy cleaning the lens the night before and my kid brother sprayed some kinda perfume on the lens, so for obvious the reasons the originals stopped working. After a week or so, I got tired of cleaning the lens and I ordered a new lens from Austria and I was glad that I was able to play my originals again but the backups still were not working. Then I thought of reflashing the drive using Birdy's shit again and I reversed the firmware and overwrote it again( what a noob I am) and then reflashed it using the same, nothing changed. Then I thought of using the Gary's 2.3 revised version and I flashed it but still nothing happened and now I am getting really tired and frustrated.

I'm sorry but I had to write everything down just to tell you guys how desperate I am for some help. So what should I do next? Is there anyway I can relocate my lost original firmware? Is there anything I can do cause I know that I can't even switch drives cause I don't have the original firmware for the keys.

Any help of any sort and kind will be appreciated, thanks.

2. anmolk

anmolk Member

Alright guys, the problem has been resolved. Managed to fix it using the POT calibration method .... PHEW .