1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Planet - no VIDEO_TS / AUDIO_TS folders

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jazzyb3, Jan 15, 2007.

1. jazzyb3

jazzyb3 Member

I have used Schtrom 3.1 and xbc 2.3 up til now but I can find nothing to read Lost Planet.When I insert the disk, it doesn't autorun and explore to the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS as usual. Both Schtrom and xbc refuse to read it, I forgot the exact message but it relates to not having a video.The game plays fine on the xbox.
    My firmware is KREON V0.81

I have seen torrents for the file and so wondered if I need to update some soft/firmware, its a new release here in the u.k.

I thought if this was due to an updated protection on the disk then many others would be posting the same problem.

any ideas anyone?
    thanks

2. Gr8Modder

Gr8Modder Guest

is it your first backup?

3. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Try some other Backup programs like wxRipper, and use imgburn. In fact, you can download this PDF file made by a guy known as textbook, and it talks about how to backup your games. Here is the link to the page to download it. It is a really helpful guide!

4. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

am i missing something here or can you not rip 360 games through a pc that simply and even so there isnt audio and video ts folders like dvd movies :-S

5. jazzyb3

jazzyb3 Member

No, its not my first back up, but by no measure am I an expert, this will be about number 15.
    All previous attempts were successful bar one that was scratched.
    But then it's always worked for me so understanding the process step by step has not been needed, you learn more when it does'nt work.

I have since backed up Rainbow Six without a glitch.

thanks for the pdf link, i'll read through it.

My interpretation of what is happening is that both schtrom and xbc are unable to read the disk as it contains a file strucure different from what they expect, maybe i'm wrong, maybe its just this disk.
    they seem to both be looking for these folders but they aren't on the disk and then they both produce an error at about 2 - 3 %.

This is the first disk that I have come across without these files, because i'm more used to backing up psp or ps2 game, it comes as no suprise to find a new game that needs a different approach and wondered if that was the case here.

6. jazzyb3

jazzyb3 Member

I just thought that I would update.
    I have a different original of lost planet and it has exracted correctly this time, so it was just the disk that was causing the problem.
    Thanks all.

7. wabashman

wabashman Active member

an easy to fix to the problem is to put in a game that you knwo will back up and just do it, and delete it since you allready have a copy of it and then backup the one your having problems with.