1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lost space on xbox 360 hdd?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mark316, Nov 26, 2011.

1. mark316

mark316 Member

I have a jtagged 360 and whilst using xport 360 to move a game onto the hard drive(something I have done before), the cable became unplugged from the pc to xbox hdd, so I started the transfer again, only to be told that there wasnt enough space on the drive(there was plenty before).
    So I deleted the file from the xbox hdd and attempted again, but get the same error, allthough i delete the file its still taking up the space???its only a 60g drive and therefor cant afford to loss much space, any help would be greatfully accepted.
    If I have to format the drive, how do i save my sons gamer tags/profile, saves and any other games I have already on the xbox hdd, and then put back?
    thanks in advance

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Check sys info for amount of free space compare it to size of transfer file ,you have a jtag any external will work once setup,tuts are in 2nd link in sigi in forum section it's time to upgrade that 60gb hdd

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  3. mark316

mark316 Member

thanks, Ive just ordered a housing for a spare 500g sata hdd i have lying about.
    my son wants to go live, so I was thinking of getting another console and getting it flashed, but could i transfer his profile and game saves etc to another console?
    would live pick up that its came from a modded system and ban it?
    again, thanks for any replies

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Would be best to leave online console original & un-flashed the new disc format will get you flagged instantly;for profile since jtag consoles can't go live he'll have to create an account unless he already has an old one in which case just select "recover gamer tag",i don't know about transfer of game saves it most probably can be done the info required there is in the tuts if recall