1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lost still

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mismat, Jul 22, 2011.

1. mismat

mismat Member

Ok guys just flashed my 9504 with my dummy 0225 and 0225 fw just released [not the 0225u fw ] and everything went good but as im finding out that some of my games that were backed up wont play but some will like call of duty 3 plays call of duty 4 wont but games that wouldnt play on my old system seem to want to play and the ones that did play wont now . Im just lost on why some will and some wont

2. mismat

mismat Member

Update ok guys just noticed that some of my games that i put in will play sometimes and then others it will give me a disk read error but picks up the game and makes a profile of the game so is it my laser going bad and if so why just bought that drive

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  3. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

probably the media. You are using verbatims?

4. mismat

mismat Member

no some disk are memorex ,sony but the thing is that one time it will play a game and the next it wont play that same game

5. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

Media can make a difference in a case like this.

6. mismat

mismat Member

so you think that if im having trouble out of a few games that play sometimes just reburn to anthor type of disk and they should boot fine . Is it with the slims that seem to be more picky about your disk or could it be that i used the wrong fw .Was just reading that if your drive said 9504 from factory and updated to a 0225 then use the 0225u fw but i used the plain 0225 fw on my 9504 replacement

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  7. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

Sounds like the media or the laser to me. I bet the laser, but why not use a good brand of disc just to be sure? Verbatim DVD+R DL. If it sometimes reads your games and sometimes not with the same game, I believe it's the shoddy quality of those Memorex's. Verbatims don't suffer from that CAD syndrome.

Every game I have is on Verbatim, and I have duplicates of them on Memorex because my daughter is very careless with the discs in her console. That, and I get Memorex for free.

8. nastykrip

nastykrip Member

I am one person who has never been able to agree with the disc quality arguement. I guess that's because i never had a problem with any. Trust me i have used waaay cheaper brands and still use them. Memorex and Sony do more than fine - as long as your drive successfully burns the game.

I havent done the very latest firmware update so i cant tell what happens if you use the wrong firmware 0225,0225u... but i think the best thing to do is to read through a clear and easy to understand tutorial and reflash the drive. I'm sure u missed something.

...otherwise it could be your laser like eebeejay said.

9. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

You need to use good media. Memorex suck