1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost the icon for my DVD burner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by techmec, Mar 21, 2005.

1. techmec

techmec Member

Ok guys, here is another newbie in distress. I used the all famous search button and I could not find what I was looking for. Here it is. I was working on putting Polar Express together (with final success after two nights and 3 dics). Well, I went to Alcohol 120% and created my virtual drives and mounted the bin files for Polar Express to them and proceeded with everything else until I was through and had a burned product. Now, I went back and tried to remove the mounted drives and accidentally removed the DVD burner icon. The DVD drive still works physically, but I cannot figure out how to get the icon back in the My Computer part of the operating system. Also, even though the drive is working physically (checked through device manager, working properly) if I go and try and burn anything else it will not recognize my burner. Can anyone help me, it would be most appreciated. Thanks

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try removing your drive in device manager along with IDE controllers and reboot. Windows should recognize and reload your drive.. :)