1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Video tmp file

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by tali1, Sep 1, 2017.

1. tali1

tali1 Regular member

I was recording video on my amazon fire phone , when i got a low space message.This meant the video had stopped recording.I decided to carry on making the video.
    However, in my files i can only find the the continued recording , the original recording that stopped is nowhere.
    i have had low storage message during recording before but it has still recorded and saved.
    It is not in Google or Amazon Photos.The only thing i could find in es file explorer relating to it is that it is mp4.tmp. However, when i now try to look for it i get 0.00 size on phone and confusingly when i look at it via pc i get the size it was 1gb- but it is listed as a mp4 and confusingly the tmp is in properties - and i cant change extension from there.And also it wont allow me to copy it my pc

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

What does the manual say when if recording you continue when there's no space left.As it sounds to me it automatically over writes the previous

3. tali1

tali1 Regular member

Haven't got manual - but like i said it has saved recording on previous occasions.I have a tmp file which can't be copied or extension changed

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You said it yourself in the first post.The only recording you have access too is the later part.Where is the first part supposed to be stored if there's no room left for more data ? without the manual available (unless free manuals online or youtube) the only logical conclusion is its gone,otherwise there'd be no second part.As for you've done it before..lol..question is was it for as long,obviously not,otherwise you'd face the same issue.Simply test the theory & see what happens when recording it stops & you continue for the same amount of time you did for this recording.
    low space & no space are not the same thing

5. tali1

tali1 Regular member

This was the file -it seems to disappeared few hours after i found it.(it wouldn't do anything).Searches are not finding [​IMG]

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

file img not showing.

7. tali1

tali1 Regular member

Odd, showing my pc .Try again [​IMG]

8. ddp

works this time on your new post but still not on previous post. have you tried a data recovery program?

9. tali1

tali1 Regular member

Trying with Recuva, but it is not picking up phone (even though pc does)No drag/drop , or right click function either.Unless you know of a better one ?

10. ddp

was the phone already plugged into computer when you started the Recuva program?

11. tali1

tali1 Regular member

Doesn't make any difference plugged in first , or after - not finding it