1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lost !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Dilligaff, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Dilligaff

Dilligaff Member

Im new and lost in the dvd copying world. I have read several guides but havent found what Im looking for. Currently have dvd decrypter, dvd shrinker. tried to copy the movie ladder 49 took over 4 hours and got a blank disc. I used scuba petes guide followed it word for word and ended up with a blank dvd. But what I really would like to know is how to copy a dvd movie to my hard drive. the above mentioned movie is on my hard drive in a winrar compressed file, how can I get that to an avi file. any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. brandvok

brandvok Member

I had the same problem today! try the program WinAVI it's aswome. you can get a full version off Mirc or Bittorrent.

3. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

have you opened the xxxxxxx.rar files up and made the inside movie back to a movie yet? as winrar is a wrapper sort of holding what you want inside it!

and if you have what file types you got inside?

and what do you want to get to? an AVI playable on a dvd player?

5. Dilligaff

Dilligaff Member

will try these tomorrow thanks guys oh the f's stand flying f---

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

My guides are for pple who are backing up a DVD NOT a download - if you would have bothered to read the guide it says what to do with a disc.

Dealing with a RAR (like a Zip file) you need to unzip it THEN use DivxToDVD to bring it up to a DVD compatiable file.

Pete

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Kind of a silly question as every place that has downloaded movies also has a FAQ section which tell you what to do with the files once you have them on your HD -

Of course, if we don't have time to read them I guess having the answers awhere you can find them doesn't matter does it Dilligaff ?