1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOTR extended; Two titles???

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by johniemi, Nov 18, 2003.

1. johniemi

johniemi Guest

Which title is the one I should backup? My LOTR EE comes in two DVD's, DVD1 has half of the movie and it has two titles; Title1 is 3,579MB and Title2 is 3,585MB. I am using DVDShrink 3.0 beta.

So basically what is the difference between the titles? DVDShrink preview shows that both titles are the same, but could there be something different in the audio or something?

Thanks.

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Since the Two Towers EE just came out today, I'm not sure which LOTR you're talking about, but since you're question fits the first movie's EE, you're either asking about that one or they're probably done the same way. If you look at the 2nd title, you should see that it has additional subtitle streams for the commentary tracks. If you uncheck the subtitle streams from that title that aren't in title 1, both titles are the same size. In other words, assuming you don't want to keep the extra subtitles, it shouldn't matter which one you keep.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2003