1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOTR - FOTR

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by tbull, Jan 24, 2004.

1. tbull

tbull Member

Hi everyone, just a little help over here will be greatly appreciated, I'm trying to back up my Lord of The Rings Fellowship of the rings dvd, not the extended version, just the 'normal' one. I'm using the latest version of dvd Shrink but halfway through encoding it gives me an error, saying it can't find the next file and something about a cyclical redundancy check error. Does anyone know what does that mean, the cd is not scratched, perfect condition.

THanks guys.
    Any advice will be welcome.
    Tbull

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi tbull,
    Cyclic redundancy errors are caused by an inability of your reader to read that particular file.
    This is usually caused by dirt on the disc or a scratch.
    Half way through a DVD-9 movie is right at the outer edge for the first read layer or at the center, the beginning of the second read layer.
    I would try a full disc run with DVD Decrypter in file mode and see if that will get past it.

Did you use the "remove layer break" option in Shrink?
    Frank

3. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Well the CD must be damaged in some way infact which is preventing the disc being read correctly causing the CRC. Sometimes microscopic dust can cause problems for a disc being read. I would suggest you use a very soft tissue to clean it up and then try again (do not use any liquid or damp CD cloth cleaner), but if the same thing happens you will just have to change the disc since the problem would then point to a damaged disc. Have you held the disc up to a light source and carefully checked for any small changes in the dye colour?