1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lots of people having AR problems, N E 1 know why?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by owvp702, Dec 27, 2004.

1. owvp702

owvp702 Regular member

I and lots of others are having some problems with recently purchased AR MAX evo edition. I think the problem i'm having is that the disk says for european consoles only on it but it doesn't say Euro edition anywhere on the package or in the book, only on the disk. When I put the disk in it gives the red insert ps2 format disk screen. I bought this from Best Buy yesterday and they didn't know why either. Why would the disk say Euro only? Did they order the wrong ones? Do all AR Max Evo disks say that? Is there a way to fix this

2. LabeLD

LabeLD Guest

Not all AR MAX EVO say Euro Only on the disk. Mine works just fine and it says 'For Use on US Console Only'. Maybe Codebreakers sent out the wrong disk or something. Check out EB or GS for a new one if you can. Apparently though, Codebreakers have recalled all the EVOs notsold because of that issue. EB has them on back order now, and so does GS... Hmmm, Best of luck to you though!

3. meteo

meteo Member

"Q: When I load my disc I get a “Please insert a Playstation format disc” error message. Is my disc/console faulty?
    A: In most cases your disc is not likely to be faulty. Due to the way that the disc is encrypted the AR MAX may occasionally require hitting reset a few times before loading. It is not a problem with your console. If this problem persists, please contact Datel Support.

Q: When I try to load Action Replay MAX I get a message that says “Disc Read Error” or "Please insert a PlayStation or PlayStation 2 format disc"?
    A: Try switching on the console with the disc already inserted and if it displays this message, press the reset button a few times. You could also try loading the disc with the PS2 standing vertically, which can sometimes help an older console to read the disc if its laser is weakening. Also make sure there are no scratches on the disc, as this may cause the disc to not load. If you still have no success, try your Action Replay MAX disc on another PS2 console. If it works on another console then the disc is fine, it is your PS2 that is causing it not to load. If your Action Replay MAX disc does not work on another console, then you may have a faulty disc and should contact Datel support."

Read more @ codejunkies.com/support.asp :)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005