1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loud Noise When Playing Backups

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Wilson_93, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Wilson_93

Wilson_93 Member

I just got my Xbox 360 modded with the iXtreme v1.1 8x. Whenever I play a Backup, the DVD drive makes a loud scratching noise, but it's not actually scratching the disks. I am using Verbatim DVD+R DL

2. johncchc

johncchc Regular member

is it like loud loud? maybe something is loose in the drive.. i dont get the sound.

3. NserUame

NserUame Regular member

How old is your xbox? I don't have a modded 360 yet (trying to get all my questions answered before I open up my spare), but when my first and second 360 shit the brick the first thing I noticed was an increase in the drive noise. Next I started getting constant Disc Errors, finally I got the dreaded 3RL.

Have you tried any original 360 discs (non burned) to see if the noise goes away? I'm not sure why the console would make more noise with only burned games...perplexing to say the least.

4. Wilson_93

Wilson_93 Member

with the originals it works fine

5. phelixnyc

phelixnyc Regular member

Could it be the speed you burning your backup's? The lens may be working hard to get a read off the dvd. You said you are using verb's so your using good media.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007