1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low audio volume on any edited VOB file..

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by forker, Jul 23, 2003.

1. forker

forker Member

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but every single time one edits a VOB file by either splitting to two discs or stripping streams with ifoedit, the volume ends up [bold]very[/bold] quiet, especially the vocal volume. Sometimes even the music drowns out the vocal channel. Does anyone know if this would be corrected by using a digital decoder (instead of just the default 2-ch decoder in the dvd player), or have any other information on the subject?

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I've never had that problem with TMPGEnc DVD Author.

3. forker

forker Member

Does anyone notice this when splitting a VOB set or stripping audio???

4. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

No, it shouldn't be different. Have you tried comparing the audio level with the original disc?

5. forker

forker Member

Yes, I have. The original DVD works just fine, the audio volume is loud enough to hear, and the music does not drown out the vocals. Also, any VOB set on the same DVD that I do not edit is fine. The problem only occurs when editing the VOB set by either stripping audio tracks or by splitting to 2 DVD-R's. I think that perhaps ifoedit offsets the ac3 track somehow. I'm using .91 if that gives any further information. I've just been wondering if there's anything I can do to prevent this... or if a digital receiver would fix this (and thus be worth the money..)

Thanks,
    Daniel

6. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

But are you comparing the same audio track.

7. forker

forker Member

Same track. Sometimes it's less of a problem with 2-ch audio, but it's still there. In any event, I have made about 190 backups and each one that includes a vob that I either stripped or split is really quiet, while the others that were 1:1 or I only cut out the extras work fine, with the original volume level.