1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

low succes rate with backing up games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by thenaz11c, May 1, 2005.

1. thenaz11c

thenaz11c Member

Hello, first this is what i am using in my backup process.

Sony duel layer dvd writer.
    Sony dvd-r dvd's
    dvd decrypter (to read and write)
    v12 playstation two using swap magic 3.6 and flip top

The story is this. I use theis to back up movies and games. I am at a 100 precent sucess rate with movies. On games i am at less than half. I think the problems lies in that some times when i set decrypter to read ISO i end up with a file in my hard drive that is a labled a IOO. This does not happen every time, however every time it has happend i end up with a dvd that does nothing in my playstation. Does anyone have any info that could get me past this. Thanks

2. LiquidusX

LiquidusX Regular member

it's prolly your buner. check if it's properly connected. also your media sucks get mcc or tyg

3. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

Backing up games is more like u need to know what are you dealing with and not just one click and you there kinda type of process. And you said you some how sometimes end up with a file in your hard drive labeled IOO is completely strange. Unless your DVD Decrypter is somehow messed up, otherwise i cannot think of any reason for how did that happen.

4. thor999

thor999 Regular member

try same disck with other programs... alcohol 120%,nero, stomp record now max, maybe try updating dvd decryptor, maybe reinstalling it too, you have to rule out software or hardware issue first, its usually a software issue, and I've never had any problems with sony dvd-r's working in my ps2, xbox, dvd player or pc,sont dvd burner has always worked fine for me too, but SCREW sony for their part in the ongoing p2p criminalization, buy a liteon.

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

actually, the .ioo file is fine. burn the .mds file.

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

also when your backing up games lower your burn speed at 2X max some even go 1X, that may be your problem

7. bradyjp

bradyjp Member