1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

low user ID on emule, using Netcomm modem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by mansruin, Apr 11, 2007.

1. mansruin

mansruin Guest

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could please, please, please help me with this. I'm obviously getting the low user id with emule. I am using a netcomm wireless modem (model number: NB5Plus4W). The address to get to the main controls for this router is 198.168.1.1 (once I'm in this page, there is an advanced section, and also a port forwarding section. But from here I'm a little confused).

I'm trying to give as much info as possible. I tried opening the ports on my computer firewall, but I still get low user id. And I really don't know how to try and do any of the port forwarding? or opening ports on my modem. So any help would be appreciated. I know a lot of people have written about this. But this is frustrating!

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Looks like it supports UPnP. I assume emule does. Try enabling it if it isn't already and it should sort itself out. Otherwise forward the ports that emule is using to the IP that the DHCP server (NB5Plus4W in this case) has assigned to your PC. Should be a page on the emule site to check if your ports are open.

3. mansruin

mansruin Guest

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The UPnP is enabled. Not even sure what this is. It doesn't help however. I'll try doing what you suggested, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to actually configure this stuff on the netcomm modem. That's what I'm having trouble with. If I try anything now, I'm definitely just fiddling around in the dark. Thanks.