1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low Voluuuuuuuuuume

Discussion in 'Audio' started by redscorpi, Dec 30, 2004.

1. redscorpi

redscorpi Regular member

This is concerning volumes on movies:

this is annoying. i searched in a lot of places. the divx website thinks its the ac3 filter codec and recommend turning up the master volume on its settings; did that and it turned up the volume a little bit but not enough (i also turned up the other Voice, Surround options). with the ac3 volume all the way up, both of the volume bars on the taskbar all the way up (the only two that are effective 'cuz the others dont do squat), and the volume on the media player all the way up and still the voices are really soft, cant hear them very well, u can hear them but u have to listen closely. --no, im not deaf-- .
    the problem doesnt seem to be with the ac3 filter codec thing 'cuz now im watching a movie thats using MPEG-1 Layer3 or somehting and it's the same thing, the volume when people are speaking is really low.
    can someone please offer a solution or an explanation even if there is no solution.
    PS: and please dont say i need to buy a new sound card

2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

Does the sound cut out at all, or is it just low? and is the sound on the entire computer low?

If it's the entire computer you may want to put a pair of headphones or a different set of speakers in the soundcard to see whether it's the speakers.

3. redscorpi

redscorpi Regular member

the sound is just low. it's not on the whole computer because when i play mp3s the volume bar is only like 1/3 of the way up and is louder than the volume of the movie. and for the movie the volume bar is all the way up.

4. redscorpi

redscorpi Regular member

never mind i fixed it.
    i use Media Player Classic and i went to Play>Audio>Options, clicked on "Audio Decoders", and checked an option that says [bold]Normalize[/bold]. All of the sudden the volume is higher. wooh hoo!
    Oh and there is also a Boost bar, which makes the volume even HIGHER.
    Media Player Classic is undeniably the best player out there.