1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowering the burning speed with Alcohol 120% (please help!!)

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by sturmars, Mar 20, 2007.

1. sturmars

sturmars Regular member

Im having trouble tryna burn ISO files at 4x speed with the program call Alcohol 120%.. The media I use is PHILIPS DVD-R 4.7gb 120min 1-16x speed
    I want to lower the burning speed to 4x but everytime I try to burn a disc Alcohol will burn no lower than 6x speed. why?

So i looked in the recoding options and I checked the box that said "turn off auto-select best write speed" and they give me more burning speeds to choose from and STILL none is lower than 6x..

can someone please tell me how to get Alcohol to burn at 4x speed.
    my disc clearly sez "1-16x" speed so why wont it let me burn lower than 6x??

all help is greatly appreciated.

2. onya

onya Guest

Have you done/tried the following......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did this help out?

3. sturmars

sturmars Regular member

I have tried that yes, but i STILL cant get it to go below 6x..that is as low as it goes

4. onya

onya Guest

This must be a "feature" of your burner. If your backups are successful, don't worry too much. Can you change the speed satisfactorily in Nero or ImgBurn?

Just for the sake of others, could you edit your reply and delete the screen shots. Many thanks.