1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LPCM 2ch unspecified in shrink ?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bahgee, Apr 5, 2007.

1. bahgee

bahgee Guest

I was encoding today and when shrink came up after ri4m /decrypter there was LPCM 2ch unspecified, and no other audio subpicture or audio choice. I went ahead and burned it like that but it took up 864 MB which dropped me down to 90 percent compression. If I do not select it will it mess hinder the audio quality. Thanks for any help

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi bahgee
    If that's the only audio listed unchecking it would mean no audio.
    Usually you'll see this audio type with like music dvd's.

3. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Rt on. It was a music documentary Dreadheads: Portrait of a Sub-culture. Thanks for the info.

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Not a problem

Happy Burning!

5. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Just a bit of info....
    You'll probably find that most all music/concert dvds have huge audio files. In fact, some of them will give shrink fits and won't compress enough to fit onto a single layer disc. You'll still see red in the bar despite being at max compression. The problem is that Shrink doesn't compress audio, it just copies it. If you do run into this, then you'll either have to put it on a dual layer disc or Run it through shrink a second time....

6. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Im a dually type of guy when it comes to my music. I also only trust imageburn with DL. Its the only way to fly. I also author them to convert them later. Thanks for the info.