1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LT2.0 XDG3 Xbox - is it safe to update on live (I wont be playing any games)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dodoegg1, Mar 29, 2013.

1. dodoegg1

dodoegg1 Regular member

Hi
    I wish to download a game from the xbox live marketplace. I am not on live gold but can do this through silver. What I'd like to know then that would it be safe to apply the compulsory xbox live update (which I am prompted to accept when I access live)
    My xbox hasnt been on live since around Gears of War 3 release (2011), so it obviously requires me to update.

I have however had the console flashed since then. This was done in November 2012 to what I'm quite sure was LT2.0 so that it would play XDG3 burnermax.

So I was just wondering what the safety is in regard to updating. Has there been any new updates on live that could potentially brick or corrupt my HDD or undo its ability to play XDG3s. I intend to sign out of my gamer profile and load a new blank profile.

- (If its of any help, it isnt banned as I've only played retails on live)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  2. Joe_1981

Joe_1981 Regular member

Go into your system settings and check your current dashboard version. If it's a version earlier than 13599 the update will flash your XBox back to stock. If it's a later version than 13599, go ahead and update, you'll be fine.

3. dodoegg1

dodoegg1 Regular member

thanks for your help Joe, I'll check it

think I'm gonna wait until I've completed Gears to be safe as I lost my savedata for it on Gears3 the last time I started experimenting with live