1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M$ and Piracy

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by koolyoe, Mar 23, 2007.

1. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

Hello I just had a thought, if M$ is so worried about piracy and all why dont they make it so when you put it into your 360 that it does something to where it can only be played on that system and no others. Like computer games or something, IF you made a copy of that game it would still work becasue of the coding will be the same as the original but still it would be only playable on the system it was first put on. Im not exactly sure how that would work, maybe a CD key or some sort of download that goes to your HDD from the game or something. Seems to me if they really wanna stop this they would think of a way to do that. I mean 360 is almost a computer lol. our consoles theses days are amazing so i think this could be a possibily what do you all think?

2. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Sony toyed with the idea for PS3 and were smart enough not to go forward with it. Here are some problems with that:

1. What happens when your console breaks and you need a new one?
    2. It would put an end to renting games.
    3. No more trading games or buying used games. You couldn't even play your game at a friend's house.
    4. A CD key would be pointless, but there is technology that would allow it. Most would cry invasion of privacy on it.
    5. Regardless of everything, there would be a HUGE backlash from gamers and probably media if they did it.

PC gaming is quite difference from console gaming with different demographics.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  3. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

Yea that does make sense, i never thought about the whole renting games thing, it was only an idea. But I see your point :)

what happens to your game if it breaks...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007