1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M-Chip 2 (wth is it?!) + questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by shuttsies, Apr 17, 2004.

1. shuttsies

shuttsies Member

hey guys,
    yeh im a newbie but dont hold it against me.
    I have M-Chip 2...is it well heard of!? because my mates dad put it in for me but some games dont work first time. (v4) and it sometimes plays dvds for a long time then decides to stop...no reasons at all.. just (cannot read disk) however the disk is immaculate?! I have cleaned the laser myself a few days ago with iso propile alcohol (i think) thats like 99.7 alcohol :D beasty stuff. and re greased the tray bars. and still i get with some DVD's (ritek G04's) load clicking noises and the sound of it starting then clicks then starts again then clicks!
    v.annoying you would agree. Its only with my backed up copy of FFX-2 at the moment.

Is there anyway of cleaning something or ajusting something so i dont get that bloody click. Or even better tell me what the clicking is!

I have been thinking of buying a new laser but i feel it will still have problems. The laser works ok anyway...still reads copys

erm thats about it. Please answer as many questions without relating to the fact im a n00b and i am VERY greatful to whoever replys.

Cheers lads

Shuttsies

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

m-2 chip could be messiah 2 or mars 2 chip
    the clicking noise is your laser going up and down tring to read your disc so it sounds like you have a laser problem sometimes these can be fixed buy tweaking the laser power or azimuth settings

hope this helps

3. shuttsies

shuttsies Member

ok cheers for the feedback. Its just called M-CHIP 2 no other words. It used to be on a site called
    www.worldchip.com but it has now dissapeard. which is annoying.

wow azimuth settings? sounds complicated. I have read in someplaces (cant remember exact) that i shouldnt change power settings for V4.