1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M-Jpeg to Mpeg-2

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by gari, Mar 22, 2003.

1. gari

gari Member

Witch software should I use to convert Avi files captured from Miro DC30 to Mpeg-2 (DVD)file witch I want to burn onto DVD-R and watch on the DVD Player with minimal loss of quality_X_X_X_X_X_[small]gari[/small]

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

3. gari

gari Member

I asked how to convert M-Jpeg to format witch DVD standalone player can recognize, not to SVCD format. I want avi files captured from Miro DC 30 witch are compressed in M-Jpeg format convert, with minimal loss of quality, to format witch i can burn on the dvd-rom and watch on the dvd standalone player

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Gari,
    M-Jpeg format almost like jpeg, meaning "still images"? Is there anyway change the settings on your Micro DC30 to just produce avi format only? I'm very familiar with DivX, AVI, VCD, SVCD, but yet to hear anything about M-jpeg format.

Shoey

5. gari

gari Member

No.
    Miro DC 30 capture video in AVI files only in M-Jpeg (Motion Jpeg) compression (like AVI files ripped from the DVD are compressed in MPEG-2 compression).

Every AVI file has its format: MPEG2 or MPEG4 (DivX) or M-JPEG.

I want to recompress this AVI file to another format (to AVI compressed in MPEG2 or to MPG file or to M2V file or to VOB file) witch I want to burn on the DVD-R and watch on the DVD standalone player.

I asked wich of this format DVD Standalone player can recognize.

My question is: wich software should I use to convert AVI files (witch I captured with Miro DC 30) to format wich DVD Standalone can recognize (VOB or something) with minimal loss of quality.

I tried with TMP2enc and I had loss of quality.