1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M$ Security Sticker Removal - Help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by xxsaijin, Jun 28, 2007.

1. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knew how to get the security/ warrenty sticker off without damaging it? I saw ads for modders that do it but they wont show or tell me... I was hoping to open my new 360 up and flash this one agian, M$ screwed up and didnt see the last 360 I sent to them has the sticker damaged, that and 2 screws were missing from the inside, ( I was expecting to constantly flash so I left out two screws for faster unrevling LOL ) anyways any info can help :D!

P.S. can the iXtreme 1.2 FW be flashable to Hitachi drives? Becuase apparently thats the drive I have I just havn't opened to see if its the 78k or 79k. Thanks for any info into that!

2. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

hair dryer and a razor blade

3. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

hair dryer and a razor blade? Can you collaberate? A little bit detail could help some more.

4. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

I've tried searching a bit and I think I get a better understanding. Just one thing before I attempt this. How long do I have to keep the blow dryer running before i can remove the sticker. I've tried for about 8 seconds next to my hand so I know when it gets reeally hot, but it still doesn't working Im getting those grey void bubbles to appear luckily i've only removed the first quarter of the sticker and stopped. So ya just anyone thats successfully done this please tell me for how long. Also I used tweazers instead of a razor blade dunno how to use the razor.

5. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

dont get it too hot, just so the glue gets soft. peel very slow. Thats how I did mine. Just be very patient and you will get it. i used the razor to peel the first edge up.

dude if worse comes to worse you can order a new sticker from ebay for about $5. I have seen them sold there before. hope it helps a little

6. OzMick

OzMick Guest

I've heard that Zippo lighter fluid works well. Iso-hexane I think is the chemical. Haven't tried it myself though.

7. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

I've seen warranty stickers for 35.00+5.00 shipped on ebay.Those are the only ones I've seen...
    Just found one 36.00 shipped
    http://cgi.ebay.com/100-AUTHENTIC-M...QQihZ006QQcategoryZ122517QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    These things are expensive!!! So dont mess up

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  8. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

still $35 is a lot better than the $140 m$ charges for a repair.

9. Memnock

Memnock Active member

$40 for a sticker when you can just heat it up with a hair dryer and peel it off? That'll all you have to do. You just need to be very careful.

10. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

The thing is guys I cant tell when the glue is soft... How exacly are you supose to know? also on that note still no time frame on how many seconds? I doubt theres a big difference in wich blow dryer takes longer or shorter amount of time LOL.

11. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

Theres only one guy selling the sticker on ebay LOL. Expensive!

12. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

yeah the guy needs some competetion.

you have to be extremly careful, it's not just a regular sticker. its at least 2 layered. with that silver metal stuff that shatter to show its void.

13. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

Ya I'm really trying to be careful but its hard when I don't know for how long I leave the hair dryer for. I dunt wanna end up frying my 360...

14. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

yeah that hair dryer will melt your 360 into one piece if your unlucky

just heat it up quite a bit, and slowly push the knife under it.. i find these knives to work very nice as it's sharp, and you can slowly push it underneath the sticker, without damaging it.. make sure though the glue under it is hot enough, so the sticker will come off more easy

[​IMG]

15. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

its an art

yea that knife looks like it would work nicely

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  16. theridges

theridges Guest

yep hairdryer and razor works fine...put the hair dryer on low about 6 inches from the xbox and leave it on there for about 8 seconds then use the razor very slowly and lift off the sticker...apply some heat when you think its needed :)

17. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

Thank you will retry. I'll let you know how it goes.

18. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

Ya I did it... The top half of the sticker left some void marks but the bottom is perfect LOL so iono? Oh wells after the first year when M$ warranty is over Futureshop will have to replace mines as I bought a 2 year warranty from them.

19. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

Good, Trust me the retailer wont take the front cover off when you do change it in so they wont even know.

Plus you got the sticker off pretty clean it sounds so even if they do check(they wont)you still have the sticker their.

20. Pride1

Pride1 Regular member

This info is GOLD, i didn't even heard anything about this until now, now i'm a very happy MF :D