1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M2V to VOB with what?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ynot, Jul 29, 2002.

1. ynot

ynot Member

I have tried a number of peoples ideas regarding DVD9 to DVDr. I now use Smartripper to IFOedit to Nero. Works well on most films, but I have the odd one that has a massive main VOB. I can remove until the cows come home but still they won't fit. I must compress. Therefore I use RE-MPEG to compress it. I start by Re-muxing to a M2V file with Smartripper and then compress. What I want to do now is convert the M2V back to VOB so I can use IFOedit to re-build the file with the same menus etc. the only thing that will have changed is the size of the main VOB file!! HOW???
    I have many programs that will let me do that, BUT they add their own menus! NO!!! I just want the M2V back to normal!
    Can you help?

SO to cut a long story short. What do I need to make M2V into VOB WITHOUT any extras!

Thanks!

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

3. ynot

ynot Member

Thanks!
    I can find info on how to convert to M2V but Derrow's help file just says " now proceed with remuxing back into VOB using IFOedit" HOW!! I have printed out ALL the help files and can't seem to find how to convert it back to VOB.
    If I could find a help file which tells me how to use this part of IFOedit it would be great!

Thanks again!

4. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

5. ynot

ynot Member

Cheers!

I found it just after I posted the last note! Couldn't see if for looking at it!!

6. erwinh22

erwinh22 Guest

That's all fine. But how can remux the subtitles and audio back into the VOB file? The .m2v file I am supposing does not have either the audio nor the subtitles in it?