1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***M3 DS Real Guide*** WIP

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by mr_hanky, Nov 10, 2007.

1. lileddie

lileddie Member

Hi,

I have just bought an M3, put in the latest SYSTEM folder, put it in the card and then in the DS and it is not picking it up, it just says there is no card in the DS.

Im using a micro SDHC 8gb.

I have an NDS folder and a GBA folder too.

It seems its not reading the card.. any reason this may be happening?

Thanks

2. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Papaer Shim Trick

Put a thin piece of card or folded paper behind the M3, it has poor contact on to the DS contacts, most flashcarts suffer from this.

3. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Whats the best mp3 playing app for moonshell?
    Whats a good emdia player or dose it only use certain video file formats? it wont do MP4,AVI or flac so far....

Also how can I boost the volume?

(finally got my 8GB SD card and now I ma so bossy!! :p)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  4. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Use Sakura 1.4- volume goes up to 125%

Video can only be .dpg or .dsm Nothing else

5. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

X and Y go p to 400% on the moonshell I got,I sakura is that any better not tried it yet.

Also how about PDA apps?

6. astrooo

astrooo Member

I'm trying to play animal crossing with my friends, but I can't get online. I get up all the way to the connection part but for some reason I can't get any bars. I put in my wep key for my router and everything so its synced to my router. What should I do?

7. SonicMC

SonicMC Member

On your wireless turn off encryption completely and see if you can get on.

For security purposes you would not want to leave it unsecured but for testing purposes see if it makes any difference. If you have a neighbor that has wifi with a different type of router ask them if you can test your ds on their wifi too.

In troubleshooting you want to try and eliminate different things as the problem until you find a solution.

Thus first one will tell us if encryption settings are causing issues, and second one will verify if your ds is working with wifi at all.

Possibly if it is the security settings seem to be the issue then upgrading the firmware on the router can sometimes help.

8. astrooo

astrooo Member

Ah I see. Well if its the routers fault then I'm not that disappointed. I thought it was because I was using an emulator. Thanks a lot man. Oh and before I forget this is gonna sound noob but how do I take the encryption off? I've never tried it before. I'm pick up pretty easily so if I could just have something to guide me I should be good.

9. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

hello all,

i purchased an m3ds real and rumble pack. i installed the system folder onto the 2gb micro sd card. i got the software from the m3adapter.com site. i then put the NDS games in the nds folder. i started the nds lite and tried to play the games , but i can look into the folder and when i press a to choose the game it....

WILL NOT PLAY!!! i don't understand if i did anything wrong?

can anyone help. i am new to this and follwed the instructions as best i could

10. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

The software from M3 adapter.com is nearly 2 years old - they no longer host it on that site, try either of the 2 site listed below in my signature. You should once unzipped get a single folder "SYSTEM", put the whole folder on and then make another called "NDS" put the roms in here.

Should work fine

11. astrooo

astrooo Member

I'm trying to catch a pokemon on platinum, but it says that I need to have ruby inserted in the gba slot for me to find it. Would it still work even though im using the DS Real program or would I need the actual platinum for it to work?

12. tishi_87

tishi_87 Member

Hi,

I know that this has probably already been answered, but I don't really feel like trawling through forums for hours to find the answer. I just got my M3 Real today, and I set it all up. Most of the games work, but some of them come up with the message "Save data file format error!"

What do I need to do to fix this?

Cheers.

13. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Where did you get the software from, that sounds like a fake!

The software should be Sakura 1.4 (the best) or touchpod 4.3h, unless you bought the card a while ago the SD slot should be on the side.

With the latest software there are no issues.

14. shady24

shady24 Member

Hi all, M3 DS Real owner for about a year now. Also have the GBA expansion pack. Both work great. My question is, how do I link the NDS games in say Pokemon Pearl/Diamond with the GBA game Pokemon Emerald or Leaf Green? Is there a guide out there? I've seen some d/l's, but I have no idea what to do!

ie. In Pokemon Diamond/Pearl there is an area where you can import Pokemons' from old GBA games. But the M3/Expasion pack is in the GBA slot. So I need to "tell" the DS that the GBA Expansion pack is REALLY a GBA Game! (Hope that makes sense!)

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  15. MrBoard

MrBoard Member

Hi all a NDSL newbie here.

Your wisdom would very much be appreciated.

Very pleased with the M3real card, but can the PDA function work?

Have got everything else working and not getting much joy searching threads.

Many Thanks

16. adamski64

adamski64 Member

with the death of nds-roms where would you suggest as the best site to DL back up games from

cheers

Adamski

17. t1m103

t1m103 Member

is there a limit to what a micro sdhc card will take or have i another problem.ive got 2 m3 real cards both with 8gb micro sdhc cards in one a sandisk one a transend,the problem is if i try to instal any more games on either card the games become corrupt and it shows on the ds that the first 5 or so games are the wrong file size ie the first ones will show as an example say 1556876mb instead of the 128mb the rest will all show at 0mb and none of them work(just locks up the ds),if i remove a few games the card will be back to normal and work correctly,as anyone any idea or come across this problem.im using the latest m3 real software,the card is also saying that its still got 1.5gb left,is there a limit to the amout of games the card can hold in numbers of games and not the capacity?.

18. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

There is a limit to how many games you can have per directory (IIRC it's about 128 games)

Spilt the games into different folders and the problem should go away.

19. t1m103

t1m103 Member

ok thanks,ive just installed sakura to try,as for the folders you mean like NDS and another 1 NDS1 on the root of the card?.

20. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Yeah something like that would work, i do mine alphabetically, so have something like A-G, H-N etc.

I keep meaning to update this guide or do a separate guide for Sakura but i barely have time atm to play on my DS, never mind write another guide v_v