1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 DS Simply - "No DS card inserted" Error

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by rrringer, May 15, 2007.

1. rrringer

rrringer Member

I could 'really' use some help with this problem.

I got 2 M3 DS Simply cartridges for my 2 kids' DS Lite's.

Everything was working great with each M3 DS Simply cartridge, and each DS Lite.

Then.... My youngest took out the M3 DS Simply cartridge, and then later inserted it upside down, and wedged it in really tightly.
    I used a small screwdriver to get it out, and scrachted it up some.
    I inserted it back into the DS Lite properly, turned on the DS Lite, and got "no DS card inserted" message.
    I thought I might have damaged the M3 DS Simply cartridge, and would have to buy a new one.
    That would be a little agravating, but not the worst thing in the world.

But then I continued to troubleshoot the problem, and now I am really confussed about what the problem is.

Here goes, (troubleshooting review)....

To help keep the story straight, I will use the following.
    White DS Lite - The one that had the M3 DS Simply cartridge jammed in it.
    Black DS Lite - The one that wasn't touched.
    Scratched M3 DS Simply cartridge - The one I had to pry out of the White DS Lite
    Regular M3 DS Simply cartridge - The one that wasn't touched.

I inserted the Regular M3 DS Simply cartridge into the Black DS Lite, and it worked fine.
    I inserted the Scratched M3 DS Simply cartridge into the Black DS Lite, and it worked fine.
    I inserted the Regular M3 DS Simply cartridge into the White DS Lite, and it wasn't recognized.
    I inserted the Scrached M3 DS Simply cartridge into the White DS Lite, and it wasn't recognized.
    Then...
    I inserted three normal game cartridges into the White DS Lite, and they all worked as expected.

To recap...
    The problem Doesn't move with the Scrached M3 DS Simply cartridge
    The White DS Lite won't recognize either the Scrached M3 DS Simply cartridge or the Regular M3 DS Simply cartridge, But will recognize and play normal game cartridges.

I have NO idea what the problem could be.

I welcome all and any advice.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I would assume Slot 1 (DS SLOT) of the White DS has a pin that was altered in some way.

The M3 cartridges are not making a good connection to the Slot 1 pin but the DS Game cartridges are.

The only logical explanation to me.

Get a tri-wing screwdriver from the net and open it up and make sure the pins are not bent or altered.

Or try looking into slot 1 and look at the pins use a small screwdriver to straighten out any pins that look like they could be bent.

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  3. rrringer

rrringer Member

Thanks for the advice.
    I didn't know that the DS Lite needed a tri-wing screwdriver, so I probably would have messed up the screw, with a small philips.
    I will do a search, and order one. Unless you have a suggestion on where to order one from.

Since it will take a while for the tri-wing screwdriver to come in, does anyone else have any thoughts on things I can try while waiting.

Also, can anyone point me to a site with good information on how to take apart a DS Lite, and get it back together properly.

Thanks again.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Last edited: May 15, 2007