1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 DS Simply not working anymore

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by grim2nd, Jan 16, 2007.

1. grim2nd

grim2nd Member

I've had the M3 DS simply for about four days, and it seems to have stopped working. When I turn on my DS it just says loading, and then nothing happens after that. I tried reformatting the SD card but that did nothing. I also updated the firmware. If anyone else has had this problem, and has a solution let me know. TIA

2. PooStain

PooStain Member

Did you reformat in FAT mode?

3. otimus

otimus Member

Well, what happened to me, see, is that the spring or whatever that holds the MicroSD inside the Simply broke. So, I started to use tape to hold the darn thing in.. Well, anyways, when I don't have the MicroSD down far enough, it just sticks at loading.

I doubt this is in any way related, and sure do wish I knew how to fix that slot :(

4. ProtoPB

ProtoPB Member

I am experiencing the same problem with my M3, which I just received yesterday...

If anybody has any ideas on how to fix or at least modify the slot to hold the MicroSD in place again could you please pass them on?

5. grim2nd

grim2nd Member

I've contacted M3 to see if they have a solution as well as the place that I ordered it from. I'm waiting for them to reply. As to the spring being broken on mine, I'm not sure that what's happening, because the SD card stays in, although it might not be being read.

6. ProtoPB

ProtoPB Member

I sent a message to the M3 team, and am patiently awaiting a response from them.

My M3 will read the TF Card as long as it is held in place, which is something the adapter is no longer doing on it's own. I also do not feel happy with having to use tape to hold in the TF card when my M3 is not even a day old.

7. otimus

otimus Member

it happened to me about two days after I got mine. Perhaps others should respond and say if they've had the same issue.

8. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

so, how could this become happenig, do you guys like eject the sd card every 5 minutes, or it just broke.(made in china, don't forget that.)

9. otimus

otimus Member

Well, I did eject it a good bit, but not THAT much. Maybe about 25-30 times in the span of 2 days.

10. ProtoPB

ProtoPB Member

Mine was only removed maybe 4 times, either to put it in the computer, or to show a friend how it worked.

Regardless of how many times, the adapter should hold up to having the card removed, especially since the card does have to be removed in order to add games/applications to it.

11. negid

negid Member

Ok, so we've heard a few people that have had their M3 break on them. But why haven't we heard about the R4? They are made the same thing right?

12. ProtoPB

ProtoPB Member

The two are the exact same thing, and they can both be converted to the other with minimal work (some soldering)

My TF card slot seems to be working again, but I haven't removed it since I got it to lock in place last night. I'm kind of nervous about removing it.

13. grim2nd

grim2nd Member

Anyone with any clue on how to fix the spring?

14. otimus

otimus Member

I'd love to know also.

15. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

it a pretty small item, so not sure to fix it, try just to return it. if u buy from divone, i think they have 30 days warranty.

16. taskbot

taskbot Guest

I bought my M3 DS Simply at ConsoleSource.com and the MicroSD slot stopped retaining the MicroSD card. They shipped me a replacement ASAP without a problem and the new unit was fine.

17. grim2nd

grim2nd Member

I bought mine from modchipstore,and as of yet, they haven't been too helpful in informing me on how to get it replaced.

18. xelhefex

xelhefex Member

i got the same problem with the broken spring so i contacted modchipstore to get a replacement. They gave me an RMA number, so i could return it. They got the return back on the 16th but have not contacted me with the status. My emails have been unanswered. Now my DS is lonely.